Don’t have time to exercise and stretch those muscles? Here are some simple exercises you can do whilst at your desk.
- If the option is there, then take the stairs.
- Lift your leg out straight and hold for a few seconds then lower. Repeat this about 10-15 times on both legs.
- Lift your foot off the ground and keep your leg to a 90 degree angle. Hold this position for as long as you are comfortable. Do this 10 times with both legs.
- Lift your toes while your heels are still on the ground. This exercise can also be done whilst standing up.
- Roll your ankles, 5 times each way.
- Roll your shoulders backwards and forwards to loosen the muscles.
- Roll your wrists as you would do with your ankles.
- Stretch your wrists by holding your hand out, palm facing outwards, using your other hand pull your fingers towards you. If room, do this whilst extending your arms outwards.
- Contract your abdomen muscles and hold for a seconds. Good exercise to help strengthen these muscles.
- Stretch out your shoulders and back by extending your arms out in front, hold your hands and stretch forward. You should feel the stretch in your shoulders and upper back.
- Move away from your computer or close your eyes for a few seconds every hour to give your eyes a rest from your computer.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated. Try and drink on average 8 glasses of water a day.
You can also view this article on Jobserve.com.